Music can help people living with dementia. In this introductory course we’ll show you how to get started.
Our training introduces you to an innovative and powerful tool to help care for a person with dementia. There is growing scientific evidence that personal music can help those living with dementia.
Our students tell us our course is ‘fun’, ‘fascinating’ and ‘inspiring’ so why not sign up and see where playlists can take you!
What you'll learn
An introduction to the power of music
What dementia is and how it can affect someone
How to find the best music and make a playlist
Meet some of the amazing people with dementia and carers we have worked with over the years
The course takes about two hours. You study it in your own time – whenever works best for you. And once you’ve completed it you can return whenever you like to refresh your knowledge.
7 x online lessons to work through at your own pace containing video interviews with experts and inspiring case studies demonstrating the benefits of playlists
Print off and keep your certificate of completion once you’ve finished the course
Test your knowledge through quizzes to help reinforce your learning
Access to the course for as long as we offer it so you can come back and check any aspect whenever you want
Andy Lowndes, Playlist for Life’s Deputy Chair, will lead you through the course
*Discount terms and conditions
- This offer is valid from 21st September 2021 – 21st October 2021
- Full payment is due at the time of registration. Failure to provide full payment will result in the forfeiture of your discount.
- This offer ends 21st October 2021.
- This offer is not valid with other savings programs, discounts or promotions.
- This offer is nonrefundable.
- Offer subject to change or cancellation.